Friday, September 07, 2007

changes

God has been doing so much in my life lately! This summer God started doing some pretty amazing things & I definitely took notice of that, but now it's cool to see how the things He started doing & working on in me & in my life now fit together with what's been going on recently! Ok I'll share just a little bit, so this summer God called me to be single & to not even pursue any guys, well to my surprise it was not a difficult task for me! I was able to make it through the summer without having any feelings for any guys & it was not even an issue for me to be single! God used my time of being single this summer & being focused solely on me & Him to change me, reveal things to me, and now I'm a completely new person! God used my singleness to call me back to Him, He restored my relationship with Him & I know that was His plan for that time & He put it into action the moment I decided to obey His wishes for me to be single for the summer! I cannot begin to express how much God has done in my life & how much He is currently doing in my life, it's just amazing....I'm speechless. A great line from a song by Shane & Shane expresses what happened to me this summer the best it goes, "this harden heart, You soften every part."

I hope that having written this blog though it's brief & a bit vague, that you will find encouragement in the fact that 1) God never gives up on us even when we're so far gone that we can't fanthom a way to get back with Him & 2) God is so incredibly faithful & loving that when you're obedient to Him, you can be sure that He will honor that & the rewards will be amazing!!!! I'll end with 1 of my favorite passages in the Bible, "We know that in ALL things God WORKS for the GOOD of those who love Him & have been called according to His purpose....If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:28, 32

No comments: