Whew! Man are we busy! We have a lot to get done this month! Nick and his groomsmen are getting fitted for their tuxedos this Friday! I can't believe we're already at that point in our wedding planning! These past three months have gone by really fast, I guess the holidays will do that to you! Speaking of the holidays, we had a wonderful Christmas! On Christmas Eve we went to his parents' house. His mom and sister made us a delicious lunch and then we opened presents. His mom made me a stocking with my name on it and put all kinds of goodies in there! I was really impressed and touched by their generosity. Then on Christmas Day we opened gifts together in the morning. It was really nice getting to spend Christmas morning together! This was the first year that we were able to spend the whole day together! We went to my aunt's house to celebrate Christmas with my parents and my mom's side of the family. I tried to prepare Nick for the large amount of gifts I knew he would receive, but I think he was still overwhelmed! My family is really good about getting almost all, if not everything on your list. We got so many useful things to start our life together, it was really exciting! Now that Christmas and New Year's Eve have come and gone, we're back on top of wedding planning! There's still a lot left to get done, but we're really organized, maybe too organized for some people. I've made a list of things to get done each week and monthly deadlines since I know things come up and we can't always meet our weekly deadlines. Self-imposed deadlines are wonderful for me, it makes me feel more confident and in control. At the end of the week, when Sunday night rolls around, I know there's four things we can cross off our list! It's so exciting when I get to cross things off! It means we're one step closer to being done with wedding planning!
I could write a book on all the things not to do and things people don't tell you to be prepared for when planning a wedding! I will say, although we haven't had the greatest support, financially or emotionally, it has made us depend on each other and has made us stronger as a couple. Now we're able to have better discussions and make decisions together. All the lessons we've learned about each other through the process of planning our wedding make me happy because I know they'll make our marriage stronger. Had we had a wedding planning or moms helping us each step of the way, I know we would not have learned as much as we did about each other. It also makes me happy knowing that Nick and I have made every single wedding decision together. The only thing I've bought on my own without his input was my wedding dress. Not many brides can say that. Since I didn't have my wedding planned out before he proposed, it's been very important to me to have his opinion and to know that we both love every aspect of our wedding. I feel sorry for the grooms that never get asked their opinion on things because though they may not admit it, they care and want their bride to ask for their opinion. I'll get off my soap box! I know everything will come together, even if it's last minute. I can't wait to marry my best friend!
No comments:
Post a Comment