Here's a run down of the last 6 weeks. Ready? Here we go! Extremely itchy skin started around October 15th. We thought the cause of my skin itching was eczema. I was diagnosed with eczema around age 3. I did research on eczema. Found out that eczema can flair up if you are stressed or experience changes in temperature. Wrecking my car at the end of September and then going through the car buying process...stressful. I was so stressed out during our car search that many nights I stayed awake asking thousands of questions in my head. And the weather was changing so eczema being the cause of my itchy skin made the most logical sense. I started using Dermasil in an attempt to relieve the itchiness. I went through the entire 10 ounces of Dermasil in a matter of 1 week only to still be itchy! Decided to switch to Eurcerin. Used Eurcerin day and night, still itchy. Finally went to the doctor the day before Thanksgiving. They said I have a staph infection and extreme eczema. They prescribed me 3 creams and 1 antibiotic to take. Wasn't thrilled with the diagnosis, but after 3 days of using the medicines I'm feeling better and looking lots better. Not sure where the staph infection was picked up, but I suspect it was from one of the families I babysit for since I've seen similar bumps on the kids.
While all that was happening we experienced what happens when the propane tank for the gas pack runs dry. Fortunately it was only 2 nights of no heat downstairs.
Thanksgiving morning was rough, didn't get much sleep due to itchiness. But to my dismay Nick convinced me to get up so we could go to his parents' for lunch. I'm glad I did. The food was good and I enjoyed seeing Nick happy that his dad helped him fix the gas trimmer and being able to fly the plane I gave him as a wedding gift. The best part of the trip was listening to our new Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas CD. Nick really enjoyed it, especially the songs he remembered from the tape he had as a kid. I also really enjoying talking to my mother-in-law.
Today we slept in and lounged around. Nick did some painting inside the house, then we did some of the Christmas decorating. Nick mulched the leaves in the front yard so we'll have more time on the weekend to find our Christmas tree and put it up. That's going to be an adventure, picking out our first Christmas tree! We're looking forward to the smell of a fresh pine tree in the house.
We've also found a church we want to visit more. We've been to Piney Grove Baptist Church in Fuquay Varina twice now. Come to find out Nick had classes in college with a guy there, so we've learned more about the church through this connection. Our first Sunday there the pastor preached about Christian marriage. They also had a marriage retreat earlier in the month, and starting in January on Sunday nights they're doing small group Bible Studies, one groups is for married couples. So it's encouraging to hear a church that has a ministry that helps grow marriages, that is so rare to find. For effective evangelism, it's important for a church to focus on its members, nurturing relationships within the church, and disciplining one another. We hope to find a church that has that mindset.
Well, that's about it for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment