2011 is turning out to be a busy year for us! We are both extremely busy at work which is a good thing, but it makes us look forward to the weekends when we can spend more time together. We are determined more than ever to save money. Last night I went to my first coupon swap. I enjoyed talking to other people about how to save money by using coupons. After just over an hour of sorting through coupons, I went home with at least 50 coupons! It is my goal to spend less than $100 on groceries every 2 weeks, it will be difficult but using coupons will help. It would be amazing if we spent only $200 a month on groceries. It's a goal that is reached every month for extreme couponers. Believe it or not there are women that save lots of money on their groceries by using coupons on items that are on sale.
We are both enjoying our hobbies more than ever! We finally have a plan for our hobby room now we just need to put our plan into action so we can finally use our designated hobby room. Last weekend I just sat in our hobby room and looked through my scrapbooks. I really enjoyed looking through all my memories - college days, dating Nick, trips taken with family, and holidays celebrated with family. Last weekend I was able to scrapbook 6 pages in 2 days! Normally I'm happy if I get 2 pages done in 1 weekend so I was really pleased with my motivation and creativity to get that much done! Nick is enjoying his new helicopter. I gave him a helicopter for his birthday. It was on sale and I just couldn't pass it up, considering how expensive remote controlled helicopters are. It's an indoor helicopter and other than Nick hitting the wall with it, it's really cool.
We have reserved a cabin in Pigeon Forge to celebrate our 1 year anniversary! We are really excited about getting a few days away from our busy lives to enjoy time together in the mountains. The cabin we are renting has lots of enmities so we will likely spend most our time in the cabin enjoying the view. I am planning on going to the 2 scrapbook stores in Pigeon Forge to see if I can find some goodies! We are really amazed at how quickly our first year has gone by. Our anniversary is less than 2 months away, time has gone by so fast! When we got married I didn't believe there was anything new I would learn about Nick, now I can say it's really true when married people say, "you'll learn so much about each other, you'll never stop learning how to love each other." It sounds funny and unbelievable when people say that when you're engaged, but now speaking from experience that statement really is true. I haven't learned anything huge or life altering about Nick, but I've learned little things about him that help me love him. I thought I appreciated Nick's love for me when we got married, but now I appreciate it more. I can honestly say without a doubt that God made Nick for me to share my life with. There are constant ways that God affirms this for me. Mainly it's the fact that I am obnoxious, I cling to his side, and I ask annoying questions daily, like "what do you love about me?, what are you thinking about?" Never once has Nick yelled at me to go away or to stop asking questions nor has he ever called me names to get me to leave him alone. I think it's just amazing to watch him not just put up with me but to love me despite my strange personality. Don't get me wrong, I love who I am, but I realize not everyone does though.
Now that I've rambled on and on about my thoughts, I'll end this post by saying God's plan is perfect, never doubt it!
No comments:
Post a Comment