Didn't do too bad at super doubles this week. I managed to take home $211.42 worth of groceries for only $60.14. This was not accomplished in 1 trip that would be impossible since you can only just 20 coupons per day. I feel like I've done better during other super double weeks. I did manage to spend less than $1 per item so knowing that makes it better. The best deal I got was 4 boxes of Fiber Plus cereal for $2.78, that's 69 cents a box! I also managed to score 2 cans of shave gel for free, Soft Scrub bathroom cleaner for free, Fiber Plus bars for free, 4 packs of Taco seasoning for free, and several things for 50 cents each. Since I'm not the breadwinner, never will be, every time I save lots of money on groceries I feel I make a huge contribution to our family. We have a fully stocked pantry now that should last us at least 3 weeks so fingers crossed, this month our grocery spending should be under $130 for the month.
Here are pictures of my goodies from super doubles at Harris Teeter -
There are 2 things not in these pictures - 1 pack of chicken leg quarters and 1 bag of frozen potatoes. Altogether I took home 61 things for only $60.14 of my own money and used $151.28 worth of coupons! How did you save on groceries this week?
My tip for the week - You're not really saving money if you're using coupons to get things that your family doesn't like or won't eat. Everything you see in the 2 pictures above will be gone in the next 3-4 weeks! I skip over deals and even freebies if I know it's something we won't eat or use. Many new couponers make the mistake of using coupons just to use coupons. Instead save money by only buying items you know you'll use. It may sound like common sense, but you'd be surprised by the # of times I've read or seen someone post their deals and outright say, just wanted to grab this deal to say that I did it, no plans on using it.
No comments:
Post a Comment