Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Planner

We have names picked out for Baby Turner, 1 first & middle name for each gender. We are ready to find out what we're having so we can put a name to our first child. We actually had the names picked out before I got pregnant! We are not going to tell the name right away maybe not until the baby is born. I have a strong feeling that our families will like the name we've picked! We were very mindful of possible nicknames, initials, and weird spellings. The names we've picked are not super popular, but they're not strange or unique either. We don't want our son or daughter to be 1 of 3 Ashleys or 1 of 4 Michaels in their class, but we also didn't want an extremely hard name to spell or pronounce because they would get annoying for them and for us. I'm so ready to find out what this little one is!

Everyone knows that having a baby is expensive! Adding another person to our family is exciting though! With a baby comes the cost of diapers, wipes, formula, clothes, shoes, shampoo, soap, and all the other necessities to make baby healthy and happy! I have already been asked if we are going to do reusable, cloth diapers. My answer is no, because we are on well water our concern would be having to flush more often and wash clothes and diaper inserts could be problematic if we were in a drought and I also don't see a need to do cloth diapers since I'm able to use coupons and score major deals! If N were to lose his job again, God forbid, then we might consider it. Since I knew we would one day start a family, back in January I started picking up diapers along the way with coupons. I'm not sure how much I've spent in total, but I can tell you that I have never paid over $5 for a pack of diapers. I typically buy diapers at 8-11 cents per diaper. You might be wondering where I get diaper coupons and how I'm able to get them so cheap. Well I get my diaper coupons from - 1) the back of Cheerios boxes $1.50 off Pampers, 2) coupon blinkie machines on the shelf at grocery stores, 3) my coupon swap group, and 4) Sunday's paper. I have found the best deals at Target, CVS, and Harris Teeter. With Target I've been able to stack a store coupon with a manufacture coupon to save the most money. At CVS, same kinda thing - I've used Extra Care Bucks with a store coupon $5 off $25, plus a manufacture coupon. At Harris Teeter twice now they have had select Pampers diapers for $5.99 each for eVic members and then I've used a digital coupon with a manufacture coupon to get diapers for cheap - $2.99! Coupons may seem overwhelming at first but once you get your system down and you see the savings, it's so worth it! For the first month we have Baby Turner we won't have to worry about buying diapers and we haven't even had any baby showers yet!!

Can you tell that I'm a planner??!!

No comments: