We're having a BOY!!!! We had an anatomy scan done at 18 weeks and 6 days. Everything looked really good! We got to see his brain, his heart, his waist, and we got to see that's he's a boy!!!! He's modest like his mommy though, but we still got to see enough to determine we're having a boy! It's so neat to see a live image of what's in my belly. I could have an ultrasound done everyday and I would still be amazed by the live movement and the ability of technology to capture the sound of his heart and the movement of his legs and arms. Since finding out the gender we have been super uber excited! We were excited before but there's something special about knowing we're expecting a son that makes it real. Our families are thrilled to know the gender! Everyone would have been happy if we were having a girl, I think the excitement comes in when we think about having airplanes everywhere! We already have 2 dressers, a bookshelf, and his crib set, we just need his crib! I've been tempted to buy his crib just so I can go ahead and decorate and finish his room, but then my savings mindset kicks in and I tell myself to wait until after all the showers are done then buy what's left that we need. Speaking of savings, I got a great deal on diapers last week! Harris Teeter had Huggies on sale for eVic members at $5.99 each. So with manufacture coupons and digital coupons, I managed to take home 2 packs of Huggies diapers and 2 packs of Pull Ups for $7.23!!!!! With 26 diapers in 3 packs, 1 pack that had 36 that's a total of 114 diapers which means I paid 6 cents a diaper!!!!! Today I got a pack of Huggies Little Snugglers for $2.13 from CVS, also just 6 cents per diaper! Diapers are so expensive without coupons! Now that I've gotten packs for cheap, I can't bring myself to pay $10 for a 26-40 pack of diapers. With couponing I'm doing well on stocking up on diapers in hopes that I'll never have to pay full price!
I'm 21 weeks and 2 days prego! Time is flying by, but I'm sure I won't feel that way towards the end when I'm ready to see our little guy! I have been busy with washing and putting away used clothes that my mom gave us. It's fun seeing all the cute clothes and thinking about him wearing them one day! And the great thing is we didn't have to buy any of them ourselves! We managed to score a white bookshelf at Wal-mart on Black Friday for $15.87 for his room. We put it together and put his books on it along with airplane bookends! Having the bookshelf in his room has made us realize that we're soon going to have a little one in our home! We put up our Christmas tree this weekend and it dawned on us that next year we'll have a baby crawling around and exploring things so we will have to remove some of the lower branches on the tree to avoid a disaster from happening! We also found ourselves making comments like, "oh he'll love this ornament!" and "we'll have to save this wrapping paper to wrap his presents in next year!" Then yesterday we got Subway for lunch and on the ride home I was making comments about how nasty N's sub was - he likes pickles, mustard, black olives, and yellow peppers on his subs. Then I realized that N hates Cheerios and Cheez-Its, 2 of my favorite snack foods! So for about 10 minutes we joked around about how I'm going to teach our son to always offer Cheerios and Cheez-Its to daddy! Oh I can't wait! It's probably silly of us to be thinking so far ahead, but I think it just speaks to how excited we are about his anticipated arrival!
No comments:
Post a Comment