It's been a few months since I graduated & it still has not sunk in that I've graduated! I don't feel like I really said good-bye to anyone, I just kinda told myself that I'd see them later so there was no need to say good-bye, when in actuality, I may never see some of those people again. So I want to tell them now what I should have told them then.
To Katie Gibson, you were my best friend, my roomie, my sister, & my classmate! You helped me get through some really tough times in my life. You prayed for me when I saw no hope in sight. We spent hours upon hours together & I never got tired of you, that's a miracle in itself! For all the times you made me laugh & all the times you consoled me when I cried, thank you.
To Karlie Briggs, who woulda thought we'd end up being friends?! What started out as just classmates turned into a close friendship. You make me laugh! I will never forget how we discovered that we had a mutual friend, a connection that proves just how small of a world we live in! You helped me get through a really difficult & weird time in my life. Thank you for letting me be real & honest with you about my struggles & for understanding them & not judging me for them, you are amazing! You really should have a career in social work!
To Abby Palmer, you were my bestest buddy my last year at Western! Oh my gosh, how did we ever get through all those papers, projects, & presentations?!!! I will never forget the summer of 2007 & our special talks! We were both going through some major heartbreaks & we were so negative about love! hahaha! Look at us now! Thank you for giving me my sanity during those last 2 semesters! Your constant prayers & encouraging words helped me make it to graduation day! From now on until we're sixty, I'll call you whenever I need my therapist!!!
To Bethany Parsons, you are so sweet & absolutely hilarious! I have seen you grow so much in your walk with God that I feel like I'm gonna cry everytime I see you! I met you during the fall of 2005 during pledging & I never thought our friendship would be what it is today. You are so patient, so kind, & so loving...I pretty much want you in my life forever! Thank you for all the hugs & all the laughs! One day we'll live together like we've always wanted, even if it's in a nursing home! Oh & I really hope you have all the sisters in your wedding!
To Kimberly Roten, we met randomly! You always managed to talk some sense into me! Your country accent & laid back attitude kept me fascinated! I enjoyed the hours we spent in Hunter Library in the Fall of 2005, Spring 2006, studying the fun way! I will forever cherish all the laughs & talks we had during our lunch dates, study dates, & sleepovers!
No comments:
Post a Comment