I recently sent my resume to a place in Raleigh called Therapeutic Connections, Inc. I got a call back from them in the days that followed & I agreed to come to an info session/job orientation. At the orientation they told us more about the position we had applied for and what would be expected of us. The position requires being available for 8 to 12 hours a week to mentor to children who have behavioral or emotional issues. The position would start out being part-time & could turn into full-time if I choose to take on more clients. During the info session, I felt extremely comfortable with the material & what would be expected of me. I feel pretty confident in my education at Western & my experience with children & my ability to perform well in this position. After going to the info session I have to get some paperwork filled out & attend some trainings before I can officially start the job & receive my first client. So I believe I am well on my way to starting my first job post college!
On to other things. God is doing a lot in my heart & in my mind lately. This week I have spent time talking with Him & just asking for Him to renew my hope & happiness in Him, rather than finding those things in Nick or in worldly things. I don't want to be one of those girls who put everything they have into their boyfriend, like their hope, happiness, faith, and will to live! I wouldn't say that I've been close to doing that, however I do wanna keep that in check. I don't wanna find my identity in my relationship, I'm not just someone's girlfriend, I'm a daughter, I'm a sister, I'm a friend, and I'm a child of God. Don't get me wrong, it makes me feel good when Nick tells me I'm amazing or I'm beautiful, it's normal to feel that way or even want to hear those things, but it's another thing to let those things consume you. I love that Nick loves me, but it's never going to amount to the love that God has for me. There's nothing that any man can say to me that will make me feel as good as hearing God say, "well done, my good & faithful servant." There are going to be times when the love of my life lets me down & there will be times when I let him down, but if we're both relying on God to fulfill our hopes & our dreams, then we'll never be let down! Not only has God revealed all these things to be, He has also reminded me that He delights in us coming to Him for anything & everything we need! How could I not run to Him?!
No comments:
Post a Comment