Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Friday the Thirteenth!

It's been almost a month since my last post & it's hard to believe it's been that long! My big news is...I GOT A JOB!!!! On Friday, June 13th I got a call from someone with Temporary Solutions & they offered me a job! For those of you who don't know, Temporary Solutions is the state of North Carolina's government temp agency. So now I am an Office Assistant III for the Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health. That basically means I make copies, send faxes, answer phones, send emails, and distribute mail. I just started my 4th week of work & the job is starting to get on my nerves! It's not the work that's the problem, it's the people, just some people at the office can be annoying & difficult at times! I'm smart enough to know that in every job there's going to be people that get on my nerves because life's that way! There's always going to be that select few that test your patience more than others. I'm not sure how long I'll have this job though because they've already started interviewing people to fill my position so it could be a few weeks or a few months until they have someone take my place. There have been some wonderful things that have come out of me having a job. For example, I actually have confidence now! I'd say for about 3 months after I graduated I was depressed & felt worthless, I even started losing hope that I would ever get a job, now that's all changed! Now I feel like I'm actually living & moving closer to achieving my dreams. Another great thing is now that I'm working, Nick has time to miss me & since we're both working, we sympathize with one another when one of us has had a rough day or is just plain tired from a long day. I'll admit, before I told myself I knew how Nick was feeling & could understand why he was exhausted at the end of the day, but now I experience it myself so I definitely understand it now! There are days when I come home from work & I don't wanna talk to anyone, I just wanna surf the Internet & relax! So that's the big news. Nothing else real big or exciting has happened.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, it's been about 11 months since an update. Anything important happened? or should this blog be deleted?