Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm Back and with Bling!!!!

Ok it's been over a year since my last blog! I wasn't motivated to keep my blog alive because I only had 2 faithful readers, but now I think my life is more interesting and exciting enough that I'll get more readers.

Ok so maybe my life is not interesting, but it's definitely an exciting time in my life! I'm engaged! :) I've been engaged for about 3 months now..wow time has flown by, it's really been almost 3 months! I'm really enjoying engaged life. I don't understand what all the stress is about with being engaged, I think it's fun & stress-free! I really mean that. Granted I may feel this way because most of the wedding planning has already been done. I'll go ahead and let you in on my little secret, I started planning our wedding before he ever proposed! And when I say planning, I mean I already had our wedding organizer notebook, had our colors picked out, researched honeymoon spots, and had browsed for wedding gowns over the Internet. Now that we're engaged, I've bought my wedding dress, we've booked the church, booked our wedding photographer, made our guest list, ordered our invitations, booked our honeymoon, had our engagement pictures taken, applied for our passports, picked out our wedding favors, and browsed for bridesmaid dresses. That may sound like a lot when you read it, but I wouldn't say that we've been busy with wedding planning. This may have to do with the fact that I only work 20 hours a week. On my off days I've been able to compare prices, run errands, and prioritize things left on our list.
I think couples just become stressed when they aren't organized, can't prioritize, can't afford what they're buying, or can't get along with their future in-laws. So far, knock on wood, we haven't experienced any of that. I'd have to say the greatest part about being engaged is each day looking at the countdown to your wedding day go down! There's such joy and satisfaction knowing that in X number of days we'll be getting married! The end result is what will make all the planning worth it.

Now that I've made all the single people, depressed, I'll change the subject. I've started working out. I've only gone to the gym once, however, I have a routine in my head that I believe will work. I plan on going to the gym with my fiance every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday after dinner for about 30 minutes. I think if we do cardio for 30 minutes, 3 days a week then we'll feel better about ourselves. I can't work out by myself because I need the encouragement and accountability so I'm hoping that this plan will stick. Why is it so hard to stick with something when there's not an immediate pay off? I think I just answered that question. Never mind.

I'd like to start a trend at the end of every blog. Here goes.

Today's High - getting to write on my facebook status: "Melanie is drinking naked at work! TGIF for me!"

Today's Low - being hot at work. So hot that I wish I could be naked at work.

No comments: