Yesterday was my first day of my new babysitting job. It went really well! The kids are super sweet and very cute! I was really impressed by their behavior and how well they played together. I'm hoping yesterday was a true representation of how they are and not a false first impression. I am thrilled to have extra money coming in! The money will allow us to buy Christmas presents this year and not feel guilty about it because Nick may or may not have a job lined up by then. And yesterday I had my birth control prescription transferred to Kerr Drug so I now have a $25 gift card for transferring it. I love getting free gift cards! And they have this cool reward program where after you get a prescription filled 10 times you get a free $10 gift card! I imagine I can find a gift or two for Nick for Christmas and use my gift card.
This weekend we worked in our yard for about 3 hours. Nick cut down 3 trees - one in our backyard and two in our side yard. We are slowly making progress in our yard and hopefully one day it will look ten times better than when we moved in. We have found some pretty random stuff in our yard. We have found - pieces of glass, bottle caps, 3 baseballs, broken pieces of toys, a propane tank, an umbrella stand, a basketball goal, a tire, a rusty kick stand off a bike, a silver fork, and I'm sure the list will continue as we continue to work in the yard. My favorite find was the tire and rusty kick stand. It's kind of funny finding stuff that was left behind, however it really proves to us that the previous owners did not take care of their yard, especially the backyard. Just reading that list above, you'd think we live in a trailer park but we don't.
That's all for now! - Mrs. T
No comments:
Post a Comment