Hey Friends! I have heard from several of you that you love our blog and enjoy reading about our savings, but yet I see no comments on our blog! I really want to hear from you - what do you like about our blog?, what ways have you found to save money?, what coupon questions do you have for me?, and anything else exciting you want to share!
This weekend we saved $59.90, 36 cents of that was refunded to us a day later because we got home and realized we were overcharged! It pays to pay attention to your receipt!
So here's a little bit of what we saved this weekend -
IHOP
I went to IHOP's website and I joined their Pancake Revolution. After joining I received an email with a coupon for a FREE Rooty Tooty Fresh N Fruity meal, a $6.99 value! So we went to IHOP for lunch and we saved $6.99 simply for joining their club. On my birthday and on N's birthday we'll receive the same coupon to go again!
*Total savings $6.99
Staples
I had printed out a $3 off your purchase coupon so I went in to buy paper towels, but quickly changed my plan when I saw they were $5.99 for 6 rolls. We have plenty of paper towels at the moment so I searched the aisles and sale paper to see what I could find for free! I scored some major free stuff! Here's what I got - Scotch Tape on sale for $1 - $1 Manufacture coupon = FREE, Scotch 2 pack stick glue $2 - $1 Manufacture coupon = $1, Wet Wipes $1 each - $1 off 2 Manufacture coupon = .50 each, and 8 pack of travel tissue for $1. Altogether I got 5 items for .22 cents, including tax!
*Total savings $6
Kroger Gas
Now until June 19th Kroger is doing a promotion where you get 4 times the points when you buy gift cards. So we bought 3 gift cards and earned 300 points which meant we were able to get .30 per gallon at the pump! We just bought gift cards for Father's Day and the third one was for us, a place we planned on shopping at anyway. You can get up to 35 gallons at the discounted price with your points so we filled up both cars and .30 per gallon saved us $6 in gas!
*Total savings $6
Target
I didn't do too well at Target this weekend. I managed to get 2 packs of Always for $3.50, they were on sale for $2.75 each - 2, .50 off coupons - $1 off 2 store coupon. I also got 2 packs of Kraft Shredded Cheese for $2.98, they were on sale for $2.49 - $1 off - $1 off 2 store coupon. Hershey's Bliss was on clearance for $1.98 - $1 off Manufacture coupon = .98 and they're so yummy!
*Total savings $13.50
I went to Target again yesterday to relieve some stress! I wasn't really planning on buying anything, but then I realized that saving money makes me happy so I pulled out my coupons and I had a great time! I spent $13.05 for 2 jars of hot fudge, a pack of bandages, Crystal Light drink mix, 3 cans of Pringles, 2 packs of paper towels, and a 6 pack of dress shorts. I saved a total of $21.80, over 50% savings!
Lowe's Foods
I found Nightquil on clearance for $2.46 and I had $1 off Manufacture coupon so it was $1.46 for Nightquil that doesn't expire until 2013! I also found Hormel Compleats for $2 on sale - $1.50 (.75 coupon doubled) = .50 each! We also bought some meat that was on sale - Sanderson Farm Chicken .99 lb, Pot Roast $1.49 lb, Chicken Patties $3, and Chicken Nuggets $3. I used a Food Lion coupon for $3 off $25 or more so basically we got a pack of chicken for free!
*Total savings $25.50
My tips for the week -
1) Don't be too proud to shop at garage sales or thrift stores! I've been able to buy Golden Books for 25 cents each and VHS tapes for 50 cents each at a thrift store near our house. I have even found brand new stuff at garage sales for really great prices!
2) Pay attention to your receipt before you leave the store! Unfortunately this weekend at Target, N had put the receipt in his wallet so I didn't look at it in detail until we got home. I realized they overcharged us so N went back to the store on his way home the next day and got the difference refunded to us. Yesterday I checked my receipt at Target and I realized my 2 jars of hot fudge rang up wrong so I went to customer service and got back $1.50. Stores and computers are not perfect so don't be shy about checking to make sure everything rung up right and the total is correct.
Thanks for reading! Post your thoughts in the comment section!
No comments:
Post a Comment