Super Double coupons is going on this week at Harris Teeter! I have not been super pleased with my 2 shopping trips so far mainly because I don't have any Register Rewards or Food Lion coupons to take off my bill like I did during the last super doubles. Anywho, the first trip I saved $78.30 and on my second trip I saved $55.49. So that means I took home $177.36 but I only paid $43.57! Wow now that I see the figures myself, I didn't do as bad as I thought I did.
Here is a list of a few things I got so if you have a HT in your area, maybe you can take advantages of some these deals this week -
Hefty Slider Storage Bags B1G1, ring up $1.45 each - $2 off 2 = 89 cents for 2
Shout Wipes to Go $2.69 - $2 off any Shout product = 69 cents
Cologate Advanced toothpaste $2.50 - $2 = 50 cents
Reach Floss $1.65 - $2 = FREE
Duncan Hines Chocolate Glaze $2.69 - $2 = 69 cents
Dove deodorant $2.50 - $1.50 = $1
Oscar Mayer Hot Dogs B1G1, ring up $1.99 each - $2 off 2 = $1.99 for 2
Smuckers Jelly $2.99 - $2 =99 cents
Hormel Kids Compleat $2 - $2 = FREE
Welch's Grape Jelly $1.79 - $1.50 = 29 cents
Hungry Jack syrup $1.99 - $2 = FREE
Here is a picture of my 2nd trip so you can see what great items you can get if you do super doubles this week -
All this for $15.71! A total of 23 items making it an average of 68 cents per item!
Now my Target trip, the shorter version of my adventure is I saved $34.55 and I spent $33.78 so just over 50% savings.
Here are some the great deals I got -
Johnson & Johnson travel first aid kit (love these) $.97 each - $1 off 2 Manufacture coupon = 94 cents for 2
Icy Hot Patch (in the travel section) $1.89 - $1 off any product Manufacture coupon = 89 cents
Benadryl Itch Relief Pen (much needed item for my allergies) $2.29 - $2 = 29 cents!
Newtons Cookies $3.29 - $1 off Manufacture coupon - $1 off store coupon = $1.29
Magnum Ice Cream Bars (so delicious!) $3.29 - $1 off Manufacture coupon - $1 store coupon = $1.29
Dove Shampoo $4.99 x 4 - $1.50 off 2 Manufacture coupon - $2 off 2 store coupon = $12.96 for 4 huge shampoo bottles + FREE $5 gift card when you buy 4 so it's really like getting 4 for $7.96!
Playtex Mealtime utensils $4.19 - $1 off Manufacture coupon - $1 off store coupon = $2.19
I also got some pretty sweet deals on meat! I got ground beef for $1.99 each because they are close to expiring and they want to sell them!
Here is a picture of my trip to Target -
I'm not going to go into all the drama and headaches I went through at Target, but I will say that I called customer service and I talked with a very friendly and helpful supervisor. They are mailing me 2, $3 off store coupons for anything in the store in lieu of all my troubles and not getting a $5 gift card like I was suppose to. I'll just say, word of advice - check your receipt before you the store and read up on their coupon policy and it would even be helpful to have their coupon policy with you because employees do not always know their own coupon policy.
Ending on a happy note - check this out, I went to Wal-Mart and I found several clearance aisles! I managed to find candy for $1 each! Well I had coupons to pair with these candies. Guess what??! I got 4 bags of candy for $1.31 after tax!
Tips for the week -
1. When you save money whether it's at the grocery store, at a restaurant, online shopping, etc. think of how you can use your savings. Can you treat yourself to dinner? Can you use it to pay off debt? Think of a creative way or fun way to put your savings to use! For us we use our coupon savings to pay off debt so just in this week alone, we can pay $168.34 MORE on 1 bill instead of spending it on groceries!
2. Savings money for yourself or your family is great, but think of others. Since I started couponing really heavily, I have been able to pick up some items for free after coupons so with those items I plan on putting them in our Operation Christmas Child boxes this year. I already have 6 bars of soap, 6 tissue packs, 1 toothbrush, and floss that I plan on putting in our boxes. You can find your own charity or organization you feel passionate about to donate items to. I know there have been some great pet food coupons in the paper lately and pet shelters would love donations!


No comments:
Post a Comment