Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Confessions

I really want Baby Turner to be a BOY!! I know that I have no control over whether baby is a boy or girl, but my heart really wants it to be a boy! If Baby Turner is a girl then God is going to have to change my heart and change it quick because we only have 5-6 more weeks before we find out the gender! So since I really want a boy first, my 2nd confession is that yesterday I bought Baby Turner an airplane crib set. In my defense I was not looking to buy a crib set. Since N flies remote controlled airplanes I periodically type in "airplane" in the search bar on Craiglist so when I typed in "airplane" on Tuesday night I saw this post for an airplane crib set. Of course I was curious so I clicked on it. I was pleasantly surprised to see an airplane crib set I had never seen before. We had already picked out an airplane crib set we liked at Wal-mart but this one was cuter and more adolescent looking and not baby-ish like the one we had picked out. And to make it even better, I could not beat the price! Here's what I got - 1 bumper, 1 bed skirt, 1 fitted sheet, 1 blanket, 1 mobile, 3 extra fitted sheets, waterproof mattress cover, and 3 receiving blankets are for $25! There's 1 sheet that I don't like because it doesn't match the set and another sheet is girly looking so I will have find a purpose for those, but I still have 2 fitted sheets to use. Everything was in great shape! The lady said she never used the bumper or blanket because she was afraid of SIDS and I can tell they weren't used, they look brand new! So if Baby Turner is not a boy then we'll still save this set in hopes of baby 2 being a boy. Now that you've heard my thinking and rational behind getting this set, tell me what you think of it!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Goodness, its SO cute! Totally understandable you buying this. It was a steal and you could always have a boy this time, or the next, so it was a smart buy. I love it :)

Tiffany said...

And I completely relate about wanting a certain gender. Not a lot of people related to that when I was pregnant with Addison. God totally will work on your heart if your truly open to him working on it :) I had to surrender to the fact that God might have wanted to give me a boy and he totally changed my heart. I was so excited if it was a boy, out of no where...now we all know she's a girl and God knew it all along, but he brought me through process of accepting it if she was a boy just to work on me. Don't worry about it or feel bad about it. Its not wrong to want a boy over a girl, you have your reasons AND if it is a girl...well, believe me when I say that the very second you lay eyes on her you will never have felt more in love then in that moment.