I am 15 weeks pregnant! Last night I tried sleeping on my belly and as soon as I laid still I felt the strangest movement, it was definitely the baby moving inside me! It was so weird! I don't know if it was a kick, a punch, or just a spin around, but it felt cool. I told hubby when it happened (he was awake too) and he joked that baby must be trying to say, "mommy don't squish me!" Sometimes I wonder what it's like living and growing inside my belly! Like what does the baby feel when I roll over in bed or what does he or she feel when I laugh really hard? I bet it feels like an earthquake! Last night hubby asked me over dinner, "when are you going to get really big and round?" my answer to him was, "I don't know, my guess is around 18 weeks, but definitely around 25 weeks I'll be huge!" Having a baby bump has been interesting, I thought I would be bigger than I am now, but I'm glad I'm not. When most people think about being pregnant they think about having a cute baby bump and the reality is most women don't have that cute, round bump until 18-22 weeks, which is way later than I thought it would happen. I cannot wait until we found out if baby is a boy or a girl!! It's driving me crazy not knowing if there's a boy or a girl growing inside me! We really want to start calling the baby by their name! Starting this week the baby can hear so we're going to start reading books to him or her! My husband is a great storybook reader!!! I love listening to him read children's book! I'm sure the baby will love his voice and the way he changes voices for different characters in the story. Maybe hearing him read to him or her will make me feel more kicks or punches in the coming weeks!
We are still saving money as much as we can. We went to the State Fair on can day! We only spent $13.50 on food at the fair and only about $3 on 8 canned foods to get in. I was really proud of myself for not overindulging in junk food at the fair! Everything smelled so good though! Every corner we turned I would say, "oh that smells good! I want _____." I really practiced self-control. I wanted funnel cake, ribbon fries, and kettle corn, but I didn't get any of that. I only had a foot long hot dog, some fries, and some ice cream. Last night we went out to dinner for our date night. We had a delicious, filling dinner at Ruby Tuesday's. Believe it or not we only spent $17.07 and that included tip! How did we do it? Ruby Tuesday's has an email club called So Connected. I joined several months ago and it seems like every month they email me buy 1 entree get 1 free coupon. We don't go every time we get that coupon, but we've always enjoyed eating there when we've used that coupon! We could eat out more often or spend more money on date nights, but we would rather think about our future and make smart choices now rather than live it up now and regret it later when we have no money. In less than a year we could go down to 1 paycheck, depending on what I decide to do after the baby gets here so we're trying to prepare for that change.
No comments:
Post a Comment