Sunday, August 19, 2007

Just Stinkin Amazing

Ahhhh.....it feels so good to sit down & write down my thoughts! So the summer is over & I'm really sad about that but at the same time I'm glad because it means I'm closer to graduating!!! This summer was way different than I thought it was going to be, which is a good thing! I went into my summer thinking that I was going to hate it. My exact thoughts were, "man I'm having to take classes all summer, this is gonna suck!" Well to my surprise, my classes turned out to be not that bad....I actually enjoyed them! It was nice having class with people that during any regular semester I would not have met but because it was summer school & people tend to take elective courses, I did. When everyone left & went home for the summer I was really bummed & I had no clue how I was going to cope with being away from home, away from friends, and without my busy schedule that I love so much but to my surprise, the months flew by & things were not as bad as I had imagined them to be. I got to home quite a bit & hang out with people there more than I had expected to. There were many other surprises that came with this summer, some good, some bad.

Oh I almost forgot to mention the greatest thing that happened this summer! Ok so my brother started treating me better than he ever has! My brother has always verbalized his hatred towards me & this summer he baked me some brownies for my birthday, he told me to stay away from this guy who was being a jerk to me, he made me 2 CDs when I asked him to, and many more amazing things! It has been so neat & amazing to see how God has answered my prayer & the prayers of my friends for my brother to treat me better & to really see just how much I love & care about him! Growing up I always wanted to do everything with my brother & so I followed him around quite a bit....oh those were the good ole days! But when I became a Christian my life really started to change & since my brother & I were so close, he took notice more than anyone & he didn't like it. Over the years it has been emotionally tough on me to see a strong friendship with him turn into one of acquaintance. Nothing hurts more than having your older brother hate you because of the changes God has made on you & the impact Christ has had on your life when everyone else around you is rejoicing with you. Needless to say, I am more than thrilled, more than excited, more than happy to see my brother & I become friends again! I think he may actually even love me! I am so in awe by how God works & how His time is flawless! The new bound that my brother & I have formed could not have come at a better time.

One major thing I've been learning lately is that the past is the past no matter how short or how long ago it was & you should never let anyone make you believe differently or let someone hold your past against you. Truthfully, when it comes down to it, God knows our past, our future, & our present before we even do & He has already sent His Son to pay the price for the mistakes we will make, we have made, & are currently making so don't ever allow someone to make you feel like you have to live in those mistakes like you're in bondage to them because you're not! Don't get me wrong, God wants us to confess our sins to Him & ask for His help in repenting from them so with that He doesn't want us to dwell in our mistakes & beat ourselves up about whatever it is because that's not walking in His forgiveness that He freely gives us in Christ.

Ok so I don't know how to end this massive book I have created so I'm just gonna say.......Colorado is an amazing place, you should go there sometime!

No comments: