I'm a busy gal lately! I started my second job last week working as a teacher's assistant in the one-year old classroom at Connections Preschool. So far I looove it! I can already tell it's going to be a rewarding experience to watch these children learn and grow. Already I have been amazed at how eager preschoolers are to learn new things! My favorite time of day with them is when we take them out to the playground. I just love watching the interaction between 2 preschoolers as they wait their turn to go down a slide or as they try to learn how to shovel sand by watching another preschooler use the shovel. Before I started working in preschool I didn't think about just how much a child can learn in such a short period of time. Now I realize that a lot of things they're hearing and doing are for the first time, it's neat to watch them try to say new words or try new things.
Wedding planning is coming along. Tomorrow I'm going to 2 different bridal shops to look at bridesmaid dresses. No one's going with me and I'm excited about that because too often I find myself being influenced by people's opinions. We're also in the process of scheduling consultations with cake vendors! We'd like to meet with about 3-5 cake vendors before we make our final decision just to make sure we're making the best decision for us. Speaking of wedding cakes, we're going to my good friend, Michelle's wedding on Saturday! Michelle and I have talked a great deal lately and have come to realize that our experiences in being engaged and planning a wedding are way too similar! Since I feel like I know firsthand the kind of stress and emotion she's been going through in planning this wedding, I'm really looking forward to Saturday! Oh & of course I'm going to take lots of notes and pictures at her wedding in hopes that my creativity will be sparked and ideas for my own wedding will start flowing!
Today's high: Realizing how many people from my church love Nicholas! I'm learning to embrace the feeling of being blessed whenever someone complements my fiance.
Today's low: Letting my thoughts get the best of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment