Friday, April 15, 2011

It's Been A While

Our anniversary trip was great! We rented a cabin for 3 nights near Pigeon Forge, TN. We were really impressed with how clean and nice everything was when we arrived. We played pool, darts, and air hockey. We enjoyed the hot tub on our deck! I think our favorite thing was watching movies on the 8 foot screen and surround sound. We did leave the cabin a few times - we went to Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg, we went shopping at Tanger Outlet, and we spent 3 hours in the Scrapbook Store.

Since March we have both been extremely busy at work so needless to say time at home together is precious and blogging is not a top priority.

I am still going to my monthly coupon swap where I load up on coupons for things we buy regularly. If you're looking to save money on groceries, I suggest looking at your past receipts to see what you buy most often and what items you buy that are most expensive. For us we frequently buy paper towels, razors, toothpaste, pasta sauce, and toilet paper so those are the items I try to find coupons for and then stock up on them when they're on sale. 

Last week I saw the newest episode of Extreme Couponing and I was amazed! All 4 people on the episode had at least 91% or more savings! The best I've done to date is 67% savings on 1 grocery trip. There are some extreme couponers out there that are consumed by saving money, that's not me. I enjoy saving money, but I'm realistic about it. For instance one shopper on the show spent 5 hours at the grocery store doing 19 different transactions just so she could use coupons for every item in her cart. And who can use 35 bottles of mustard? Really??! That's a bit obsessive if you ask me.

That's all for now!

No comments: