Friday, April 29, 2011

Super Doubles Y'all

If you don't use coupons for whatever reason, I hope this blog will motivate you to start! I've gone to Harris Teeter twice this week and the sale only started on Wednesday! On Tuesday I went to my monthly coupon swap and I loaded up on coupons. That night I organized my list and my coupons so I'd know exactly what to go after and what to leave behind. The next day we went to HT after work. Having my list and knowing the exact amount I would pay after coupons made our shopping trip easy! 

Here's some of the things we got  -
  • Silk Milk Half Gallon - $3.27 then $1 off coupon doubled to $2 off = $1.27, I had 2 coupons that were $1.25 off which doubled to $2.50 off so I paid 77 cents for 2 out of the 5 Silk Milk I got. 
  • Hidden Valley Salad Kits - 2/$4 then $1 off coupon doubled to $2 off = FREE! I had 5 coupons so I got 5 bags, all for FREE! 
  • Quaker Chewy Granola Bars - 2/$4 then 75 cents off 2 which doubled to $1.50 2 = $1.25 each. I had 2 coupons so I got 4 boxes for $5. Normally these boxes are $2.50 or $3 each so it was a great deal!
  • Ortega Taco Shells - 2/$3 then $1 off 2 doubled to $2 off 2 = $1 each. I had 2 coupons so we got 4 boxes of tacos for $4. 
  • Land O Lake Margarine - 2/$3 then $1 off 2 that to $2 off 2 = 50 cents each! 
  • Steamfreash Vegetables - $1 each then $1 off 3 that doubled to $2 off 3 = 3 bags for $1 which is 33 cents each! 
  • Betty Crocker Cake Mix - $1.17 + Frosting was $1.99 then 75 cents doubled $1.50 off  = $1.66 for cake mix and frosting!
  • Zatarain's Boxed Rice - 2/$3 then 75 cents off 2 which doubled to $1.50 off 2 = 75 cents per box! We had 3 coupons so we got 6 boxes of rice for $4.50. 
  • DanActive 4 pack - 2/$4 then $1 off coupon which doubled to $2 off = FREE! 
I have attached pictures of our first trip so you can get an idea of how much stuff we got for a great deal! Here's the break down for everything in the picture -

Transaction #1 
20 coupons scanned
Value of goods before coupons & evic = $89.16
Saved with coupons & evic = $59.74
Paid = $29.42
You take $59.74 and divide it by $89.16 = 0.67% savings!

Transaction #2
5 coupons scanned
Value of goods before coupons & evic = $15.26
Saved with coupons & evic = $9.92
Paid = $5.34
You take $9.92 and divide it by $15.26 = 0.65% savings! 
 
 43 items for $34.76 = an average of 81 cents each!


To answer the question of where or how I get all my coupons, here is the answer -
1) the Sunday newspaper inserts, 2) peel offs in the stores, 3) machine takers in the store, 4) coupon swap I go to once a month, 5) off shelves and on floors at grocery stores - people actually leave coupons or drop them, 6) www.coupons.com, 7) mailed to me from certain grocery stores - typically store coupons, 8) coupons that print out on my receipt or slip coupons that print out at check out print, 9) at certain stores - Food Lion, CVS there are coupon kiosk - just scan your loyalty card and then it prints out coupons, and 10) product websites - there may be surveys to take to get a coupon or just sign up for their mailing list and you get a coupon, and 11) my family and friends share coupons with me.

No comments: