So I must admit - I get really excited when I find a great deal! It feels really good to save money on items we use all the time! This week I got some amazing deals and I'm happy to share them with you and exactly how I did it so you can learn too!
At CVS this week I went after Ivory Bar soap that they had on sale for 99 cents. I have a $1 off coupon so those would be free! My hubby uses Ivory soap so I couldn't go wrong with free! Well it was no surprise when I realized they were sold out of Ivory soap. So I looked at Bic razors. They were on sale for $6.99 with a $3 coupon printed out on your receipt. I realized that I still had $3.63 on my gift card and I had a $3 off manufacture's coupon for the razors. So I paid 97 cents for a 4 pack of razor blades! Then I used my $3 off coupon on my receipt to buy four 2 liter Pepsi products. They were on sale for 88 cents each, but with my $3 off, I paid 79 cents for four 2 liters of soda! Altogether I paid $1.76 for 4 razor blades and 4 bottles of soda!
At Walgreens this week I went in search of several health and beauty items. My main goal was to get at least 1 Fusion Pro Glide razor for my hubby since that's the only razor he uses! So I had 2 friends that are more familiar with coupons than me, help me organize my shopping list. Since this shopping trip was more complicated than CVS was, it calls for a more detailed explanation.
Here's the breakdown of my trip -
Deal #1
(1) GUM Flossers $2.00
(1) Bic Soleil Razor $5.99
(2) Right Guard Deodorant $5.98
Total before coupons: $13.97
- 3.00 Manufacturer's coupon for Bic
- 2.99 Manufacturer's coupon BOGO Right Guard
+1.08 sales tax
Out of Pocket = $9.06
GOT:
$2 RR - GUM
$2 RR - Right Guard
$2 RR - Bic
Deal #2
(1) Gillette Fusion Razor $9.89
(2) Pantene $7.00
(2) Orbit Gum $2.00
(2) Hershey's bars on sale for 49 cents each $.98
Total before my coupons = $19.87
- 4.00 Manufacturer's coupon for Fusion
- 1.00 Manufacturer's coupon for Orbit
- 3.00 Manufacturer's coupon for Pantene
- 2.00 RR
- 2.00 RR
- 2.00 RR
Out Of Pocket = $6.92
GOT:
$5.00 RR Fusion
$1.00 RR Pantene
So I spent $15.98 and I got 11 items so the average was $1.45 per item! Everything would have cost me $36.46 so I saved over 50%! Basically what I did to make the 2nd order so cheap was I used the Register Rewards from the 1st order. Now I have $6 in store coupons to use for next week!
Now I saved my favorite deal from this week for last! I went to Harris Teeter yesterday to get Pantene shampoo for 99 cents each after coupons. To my pleasant surprise the HT I went to had amazing deals on clearance! It was a very successful trip!
Here's what I got and how I did it -
Pantene Shampoo Value Size $3.99 each for eVic members
- $3 digital coupon
- $3off 2 manufacture's coupon
= 99 cents each, $1.98 for 2
Fusion ProGlide Rzaors $8.99
- $4 digital coupon
- $4 manufacture's coupon
= 99 cents
Carefree liners on sale for $1.19
- 50 cents coupon, doubled to $1.00 off
= 19 cents
Bic Soleli Razor on clearance for $2.55
- $3 off manufacture's coupon
= FREE!
Degree for Men on clearance for $1.02
- $1.00 off manufacture's coupon
= 2 cents!
Speed Stick with Irish Spring on clearance for $1.02
- 50 cents coupon, doubled to $1.00 off
= 2 cents!
Altogether I spent $4.83 for 2 huge bottles of shampoo, 2 razors, 4 deodorants, and 2 packs of panty liners. That's 10 items for an average of 48 cents each! The total before coupons was almost $16.
Now we have enough shampoo and razors to last us at least 6 months! What would have cost me $62 only cost exactly $22.57 this week with my coupons and I got 26 items that we use all the time! That's an overall average of 86.8 cents per item!
The picture below is from my HT trip so you can see the savings!

No comments:
Post a Comment