Shopping at pharmacies with coupons can be overwhelming and intimating. When I first heard about Register Rewards, Extra Care Bucks, and UP Rewards, I thought it was a crazy idea to spend money to get a store credit to buy more stuff. Why would you spend money to get back just a small portion of it in store credit? At first I didn't bother trying to learn because it seemed like a waste of time and coupons. If you've ever tried to buy food or health and beauty items at a pharmacy without coupons, you know how expensive things can be there! Well hopefully after reading this post you will know that there are major savings to be had if you learn all the tricks and tips to shopping with coupons at pharmacies.
Last week I looked online at the deals to be had and I made my list of sale prices and the coupons I had to go along with them. I always calculate the final prices and write them down before I go to the store. The reason I do this is because what may be a great deal to someone, may not be considered a great deal to me so rather than waste my time at going to the store, I calculate everything to determine if it's worth my time and energy.
Here are the deals I got last week -
At Rite Aid
Transaction #1:
Crest Scope Outlast toothpaste $2.69
- $1 off Manufacture coupon
$1.69 + get back $2.69 in UP Rewards
Transaction #2:
Ritz Crackers on sale for $1
Diet Coke 1.25 liters $1.59
- $1 off Manufacture coupon for Ritz crackers + Coke
Excedrin 20 - 24 count on sale for $1.99, get $1 in UP Rewards for 1
- 75 cents off Manufacture coupon
Used $2.69 UP Reward from 1st Transaction, paid 44 cents after tax! Got back $1 in UP Rewards
Transaction #3:
Stayfree Maxi Pads 16 - 24 count on sale 2 for $5, plus get $2 in UP Rewards when you buy 2
- $1 off Manufacture coupon
- B1G1 Manufacture coupon
- $1 UP Rewards from previous transaction
89 cents with tax! Got back $2 in UP Rewards
Transaction #4:
Pringles on sale 3 for $3.99
- $1 off 3 Manufacture coupon
- $2 UP Reward from previous transaction
$1.07 with tax!
Altogether I spent $4.30 for 1 tube of toothpaste, 1 box Ritz crackers, 1 Diet Coke, 24 count of Excedrin, 2 packs of Stayfree pads, and 3 cans of Pringles. Not bad for food, medicine, and toothpaste! And it only took me 3 minutes to check out and 30 minutes to put find everything in the store.
At CVS
Transaction #1:
Pantene Pro-V Shampoo or Conditioner 12.6 oz on sale 2 for $6.97
- $2 off 2 from Red Magic Coupon Kiosk
- $3 off 2 Manufacture Coupon
- $1 in Extra Care Bucks from previous week
$.97 + get back $2 in Extra Care Bucks
Total cost after $2 in ECB, FREE
Transaction #2:
Scott single roll of toilet paper on sale for $1
- $1 off Manufacture coupon = FREE
Finish Gel Pacs Dish washing detergent on sale for $2.99
- 75 cents off Manufacture coupon = $2.24
Total cost after using $2 ECB from 1st Transaction = 55 cents with tax!
Altogether I spent a grand total of $2.06 for 2 bottles of shampoo, 1 roll of toilet paper, and 20 gels packs of dish washing detergent. Not too bad for 30 minutes of shopping!
I hope reading the details of these 2 shopping trips has taught you that couponing at pharmacies is possible. If you're new to couponing or just want to start shopping at pharmacies, check out each store's coupon policy on their website so you know the rules.
My tip for the week - At most stores you can use a B1G1 coupon with a cents off or dollars off coupon. The reason is you are allowed 1 Manufacture coupon per item. So for example, 1 of the deals above was for Stayfree pads, I used a B1G1 Manufacture coupon and a $1 off Manufacture coupon. Most people are surprised to learn this, but it's really awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment