Thursday, May 22, 2008

Who woulda thought?!!

So I'm gonna break my rule & post 2 blogs in one day....don't get use to it though! This week I have developed a really bad sleeping schedule. I think it started when I drank some caffeine around 9 o'clock on Monday night & wasn't sleepy until about 1:30 in the mornin! So everyday this week I have gone to bed at 2 & gotten up at 10! Well last night...or this morning rather, I decided to log into my Xanga account. About a month ago my best friend, Stephanie called to tell me she had Googled her name & 1 of the links was to my Xanga site. Well I had actually totally forgotten I ever had a xanga site. Anywho that's a looong story to say that even I am surprised to be with Nick Turner!!! I'll tell you why.

For those of you who don't know, Nick & I met through our college group at our church in Raleigh. Nick remembers meeting me during our freshman year one Sunday, while I remember meeting him on our mission trip to Atlanta our sophomore year (picture to follow at the bottom of the page)! It was during our van ride back to Raleigh from Atlanta that I passed around a sheet of paper for people to write down their screen names so I could keep in touch with them. Well up until last night I thought Nick & I only kept in touch through occasional emails & instant messager. I read through my blogs on Xanga last night & discovered that Nick had read every single 1 of them...he even left comments on a lot of them!!! I had so much fun sitting in my bed at 2 in the morning reading some guy, (my now boyfriend & love of my life) leaving comments about struggles I was having! Here's just 1 of the comments Nick left me back in 2006: "As a guy that grew up with a sister two years younger than me and as a guy in a relationship, I say the following. 1) Girls are for the most part right about guys being jerks. 2) Friends will come and go. If they are true friends, they will stay in touch with you. 3) Girls are just as confusing to figure out. 4) Stop worrying about others and worry about God's Will for everything in your life. 5) Enjoy the friends that accept you for who you are and those that you cand do absolutely nothing with and it be meaningful. 6) Go on with life, life doesn't end until your heart stops beating. 7) When one friendship ends, another is about to start." That is so freakin funny to me!!!! I cannot believe the WHOLE time I was in college, Nick was right in front of my face & I never liked him! So Nick, I know you're reading this so please share your thoughts!

No comments: