Moving day came & went! We decided not to get a moving truck on the day of our move because one place we went to didn't have anything bigger than a passenger van & the other place we went to was going to charge us over $123 to rent a 16' truck for the day & that didn't include the .89 per mile we'd have to pay, which would have been another $28. So we drove away feeling defeated and frustrated, but we were hopeful that our parents would be willing to make multiple trips to make up for our need to save money by not getting an over-priced moving truck. We were not surprised when we shared the news with our parents that they were more than nice & were willing to make as many trips as we needed to move everything. On a side note, in the moving truck store, at the over-priced company, (which I won't name) as soon as the lady told us the price & that there were no AAA discounts, I blurted out, "THAT'S RIDICULOUS! THAT'S WAY OVER-PRICED!" Nick and I walked out & as soon as we got in the truck he said, "that was rude!" I was rather happy with myself for letting that lady know how I felt about their prices and I said to Nick, "I'm sorry, I felt like it was important for her to know that they are charging too much!" The move went great, despite not having a moving truck & the unbearable hot temperatures & humidity. We had two pick up trucks, one van, and one sedan that took 2 trips to and from our apartment to our house. By the way, it's kinda crazy to think that we currently have 2 residents. Our lease at the apartment is up on June 30th so technically we could sleep at the apartment or house. We feel so blessed & thankful to have such supportive parents and friends that were able & willing to help us move! It was such a big day for us to move into our first house! Thankfully, no one was hurt & everyone was in good spirits during our move. It was funny moving our couch into the house. There's stairs right when you walk into our house so to get the couch in we had to have 4 people helping & they ended up having to turn the couch on its side & then over the banister. It reminded me of the Friends episode where Ross & Chandler are trying to move a couch in a stairway & Ross keeps yelling, "PIVOT." I thought of that episode because it felt like it took forever for us to figure out to get the couch inside.
Saturday was our first night in the house. We woke up on Sunday & it was our three month wedding anniversary! I said, "Happy 3 months!" Then Nick said, "so on our first month I took you to Nags Head, on our two month, we signed our loan application papers, and now on our three months we're waking up in our first house, don't expect to get anything on our four months!" We love our house! We have been busy cleaning - the bathrooms & the floors. We are hopefully going to start painting on Friday. Once all the painting is completed then I will post before & after pictures. For now we are just happy to have a house, one that is definitely big enough for us & will soon be turned into a home! - M
1 comment:
"PIVOT" LOL I have not thought of that episode in forever! I just loled for a while. I miss watching that with you and KT. Your still so phoebe!
Congrats on moving!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures. How nice that ya'll had so much help. Yes, the place you refer to ( I'm pretty sure I know which) is incredibly overpriced and we are dealing with that today ourselves. We have to move two huge pieces of furniture 30 miles and its going to cost about $130.00!!!!!!!!! ABSURD! But we have no other way Nobody has a truck big enough. Anyway...
I'd say for your 4th month he should get you a dog for your new yard ;-)
Post a Comment