Friday, June 04, 2010

Reality Setting In

Great news, our mortgage loan has been approved and the appraisal came back fine!!! Huge relief! As if we weren't excited before, now we are super, uber excited about our house! Hearing the official word that our loan has been approved makes everything more real. We are going to see the house again tonight to see how the repairs are coming along. Nick was not there for the inspection so I thought it was important for us to go back to the house so I can point out what was on the inspection report and what the sellers are fixing. Oh & we need to take some measurements so we can decorate! I am most excited about decorating the living room and dining room. The layout of the house is you walk in, the living room is on your immediate right, it's very open and the living room opens to the dining room with a serve through window with a bar. I had the hardest time falling asleep last night because I was fantasizing about eating breakfast every morning at that bar while I watch the news. In our apartment we eat our breakfast during the work week on the couch so we can eat quickly and watch the traffic and weather report on the news. I also started thinking about how much of an adjustment it's going to be to have a two-story house! Our master bedroom will be upstairs so we'll have to allow time for eating breakfast downstairs and then shower and get ready upstairs. It takes me an hour and 15 minutes to get ready during the work week so I'm going to have to allow extra time for going up and down those stairs! Hey maybe we'll get in shape! ha! And speaking of adjusting, our house will be 24 miles away from my work so I will have a slightly longer commute time. Right now we live about 18 miles from my work and it takes me 30 minutes to get there. Nick and I have decided that posting before and after pictures of the interior spaces of our house is a must! Right now the whole downstairs has medium brown trim - chair railing, baseboard, and crown molding and it makes the rooms feel dark so our first task when we move in is to paint all the trim work white! Just that small change will make all the rooms feel brighter, modern, and more open. We also plan on changing out some the out dated light fixtures. While we aren't remodeling the house, we are optimistic that these small changes will completely change the look and feel of the rooms. I can't wait to move in and start painting! We are so excited about our first house and making it our home! How many times can I use the word, "excited" in this blog??!

No comments: