"But if anyone obeys His Word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in Him: whoever clains to live in Him must walk as Jesus did." - 1 John 2:5 & 6
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Excitement
Great news - We received an email from our realtor today saying that the sellers have ordered the carpets to be shampooed before we move in!!! This was a total surprise to us! We had not asked for the carpets to be cleaned nor did we even think they were dirty because if there were, believe me we would have asked them to be cleaned or asked for a carpet allowance. I am super excited about this! We have had the best sellers this go around. Oh & we finally read the appraisal report for the house and we are starting out with equity! I won't go into the financial details, but I will say, we made a great investment! Anything we do to upgrade the house will add even more value to the house. I am so pleased with how smooth the home buying process has been for us. We are 3 days away from closing and we are super excited! We feel so blessed to be buying such a big house! Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would one day be able to say that I own a 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom house! I am starting to get overwhelmed by the idea of having that much space to decorate! We are going to leave 2 of the bedrooms empty because we figure that one day we'll have at least 2 kids to fill those bedrooms so why get use to having that extra space when one day you're going to have to give it up?! That's our way of thinking anyways. Oh & our realtor also told us today that the entire upstairs has been emptied so when we do our final walk through tomorrow we'll really get to see the living space for what it is. I am starting to get really excited about getting to have a destinated space for my scrapbooking stuff. I never realized how much scrapbooking stuff I have until I had to pack it all up for our move. Speaking of packing and stuff, we had a yard sale this past Saturday. We got rid of some stuff, about 2 containers worth of stuff. We made more money than we thought we would make, but it would have been nice to get rid of everything! I have been actively posting stuff on Craiglist hoping to recoup some of our money rather than donating it all. Oh & I am really looking forward to not having to share a sink with my husband! As much as I love my husband, it's hard to share a sink with someone when you both are trying to use it! We are constantly bumping into one another in our tiny bathroom at our apartment. I am also really looking forward to being able to host events at our house. We are hoping to be able to host Christmas at our house this year which will be nice because it will be our first married Christmas together and we'll be able to have my family over on Christmas morning which will be very special. My dad has already joked about staying the night in our guest bedroom. I told him that was fine as long as he is willing to be in charge of cooking the turkey! It will be so nice to have the space to have overnight guests when we have babies! Ok I should probably stop myself right there! - M
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love your blog! I can't wait to hear and see all the decorating you do! In one of these posts you said that paint and updating lighting fixtures would help and your absolutely right. We painted and updated (cosmetics as I put it) around the house; changing light fixtures, the light plates, door knobs, etc. and it completely changed the look of it.
You have to post pictures of all of this like you said :)
And congrats to the both of you. God has blessed your faithfulness for seeking him for major decisions and for honoring him in all you do.
Post a Comment