Monday, August 16, 2010

Blessed

I will say it again & again, we are blessed! I say it a lot because it's true. I had an emotional moment during church on Sunday. I started realizing how much has gone on during the last 6 months. First we bought a used car in January, my first car that is truly mine, well, ours'. Then in March we got married and then in April we started looking at houses. On our first month anniversary we were in Nags Head for our Best Man's wedding and then on our second month anniversary we were signing our loan application for our house and then on our third month anniversary we woke up for the first time in our house. A lot has happened in my life during the last 6 months and I have enjoyed every minute of it! We had our house warming party on Saturday. It went really well. There were so many people in our house, I didn't think we had that many people in our lives that cared about us enough to come to our house. It really meant a lot to us that people drove 20 - 80 miles to see our house and celebrate with us. Throughout the whole searching and buying process of getting our house God was in control and undoubtably with us every step of the way. It amazes me and I'm so thankful that God gave us an unsettling feeling about the first house we were under contract with. We had a lot of restless nights and every time I even thought about buying stuff for that house, I would get nervous and feel uneasy about how expensive living in that house was going to be. Once we decided that we didn't want to proceed in buying that house we were not sure we could move on because we were under contract, a legal bounding document. It was only through God's power that we were able to get out of that contract. It was then that we really started counting our blessings. Our realtor even thought it was impossible to get out of it, but God made it happen. I have always believed Romans 8:28 and it's often been my comfort verse and I'm happy when things happen that prove to non-Christians that the verse is true and God is good, not evil. On Sunday I was emotional because I started reflecting on everything God has done in my life - changing my heart to love Nick and not just as a friend. He wrote an awesome love story for me, giving me a job, blessing me with parents that love my husband and have always been supportive and love me unconditionally, giving me a house that is way beyond what I ever dreamt of for myself, and I have never been without anything I ever needed. Don't get me wrong, there have been struggles along the way, however God has blessed me and given to me beyond measure, more than I could hope for or dream of.

No comments: