Friday, August 27, 2010

The Shock of A Lifetime

We were just starting to love owning our home and then we found out that Nick will be losing his job as early as December 31st. This was a major shock to us and to everyone that works there. In the weeks that led up to that announcement, we had received very promising news that Nick could see a 5% raise in his annaul salary. So we were all excited about that possibilty and what we could use the extra money on each month. We also were begining to really enjoy our house and the fact that we had everything we needed and could finally go on date nights and not worry about having to save money. We were really looking forward to those date nights. But now, we are trying our best to deal with the shock and emotions that this news brings. Thankfully, I have my job and we are childless and not pregnant. I would be a complete emotional mess right now if I didn't have my job or if we had a baby on the way. I am grateful for the little things that we have, like, the fact that Nick's parents gave us a garden hose, rake, and CFL lght bulbs. Yesterday I changed out some light bulbs in our house and I am amazed when I think about how God had his parents give those to us and now they will help us save money on our electric bill. The box says it saves 10 cents a month and $37 over the lifetime of each bulb. I am also thankful for all the extra household necessities that we have laying around. We have 2 extra boxes of tissue, 3 extra boxes of dryer sheets, 14 paper towel rolls, 35light bulbs, and 2 unopened boxes of trash bags. My family gave us all those items to us at no cost to us and we will save money by not having to buy those items any time soon. That only relieves some stress. I am so thankful. God provided us with lots of extras knowing that Nick's job situation was going to happen and that we would begin to feel the stress of having to save money. We also have a gift card to Firebirds that we received as a wedding gift. We have not used it yet because there's only 2 locations in this area and they are both far from where we live. We plan to use the gift card on our 6 month wedding anniversary so we can celebrate without feeling guilty about spending money. It's hard to believe that next month we'll have been married for 6 months! We know that God has a plan for us that is better than we can imagine or understand right now. We are trusting that God will lead Nick to a job that he will love and that it will be local. I am praying really hard that if we are not meant to stay in this area and live in our dream house that God will close doors here and will make me content with the idea of moving. At this point I find it hard to believe that God would lead us to our house only to have us move. Thank you for praying for us. Please pray for Nick's fellow employees as well, some are single parents, some have babies on the way, some are single, some are living pay check to pay check, and some are the sole providers for their families. We will keep you posted on Nick's job situation.

No comments: