Monday, August 02, 2010

Last Weekend & This Weekend

Last weekend, despite going on a shopping trip to Concord Mills and the Ikea store, we were able to get a lot done. On Sunday we purchased a rug (finally!!) for our living room. We also put drapes up in our master bedroom and in our hobby room. Nick was able to fix the light fixture in our guest bathroom. I also put some wedding pictures in frames that I bought at Ikea. It's crunch time! We really need to get our hallway painted before the housewarming party. The living room and dining room look great, they are so much brighter and airier than they did when we first moved in. We really want the hallway painted so that the transformation is complete. We are super proud of ourselves for doing all the work ourselves, except for having my parents help Nick put light fixtures and ceiling fans up.

This weekend we finished painting one side of the hallway. We are now working on getting the second side done, only 1 more coat of paint left and we're done! Then we have a small section of what's left of the hallway. In my opinion, the hallway is the biggest change to the house so far. Changing the trim work from brown to bright white made it look so much brighter. Besides painting, we have also been hanging up picture frames. I love pictures so having pictures on our walls is a must. Tonight I went to our "we don't want anything in this room" and I picked up a "Class of 2008" picture frame that my mom had bought for Nick that he didn't want. I was contemplating giving it back to my mom or possibly returning it to Kohl's to get a gift card, when I had a wave of creativity hit me. I quickly went up to our hobby room and grabbed my scrapbooking letters. I made the prettiest collage ever! I would post a picture of it now, but I want our housewarming guests to be surprised. After the party, I'll post a picture of it, along with all the before and after pictures of our house.

Nick has really been impressing me by fixing things and taking care of his "honey do" list, even though he'd rather be outside flying one of his airplanes. We will both be excited when we can enjoy our hobbies and not worry so much about doing housework. I really appreciate him for nailing up pictures, painting trim work, hanging up drapes, and all the while, still going to work and fixing dinner for us everyday. It would take forever to get everything done if I didn't have his help.

That's all for now! Thanks for reading our blog!

No comments: