Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First Hosting Event at Our House

Last night we hosted our first event at our house! I hosted girls Bible study at our house. Overall I think it went well, minus hearing bats squeak in our chimney! It was kinda funny seeing their reactions when they first heard the bats and I laughed when someone said, "they're loud!" and my response was, "I told you guys they're loud, I wasn't kidding!" I really enjoyed seeing the girls make themselves comfortable in our home. Several people, at least 2 that I can remember, walked into our kitchen to throw their cups away and I immediately felt happy and thought, "I'm so glad they are making themselves at home!" You always hear people say, "oh just make yourself at home" but rarely do people do that so I thought that just by them walking over to the trash and to the sink in our kitchen that that was a good sign that our home is welcoming and comfortable. It's like you try to design and decorate your home in a way that will be warm and inviting, but you never really know if you've succeeded in doing that until you have people over and you see it for yourself. So needless to say, when everyone left our house last night I was happy that we have created a home that not only reflects our taste and preferences, but also is inviting and comfortable for our friends. I am super excited about Saturday's house warming party! We are expecting about 20-25 people to come over. I am anxious to see how our parents are going to interact with each other. I'm sure Nick's dad will get jealous and feel ignored because whenever my dad is around, Nick and him talk a lot. I'm extremely happy that my husband can be himself around my parents and not feel judged, that is not the case with his own parents. However I think sometimes his parents pick up on that and it makes them jealous. I don't blame them for being jealous, Nick is a love-able guy that's why I married him! I hope Saturday goes well, we're planning on having some background music so that no one can hear the bats and there won't be any awkward moments of silence since not everyone knows each other.

That's all for now folks! Y'all come back now, ya hear??!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I can't wait to see you house sometime :) Good luck Saturday.