We got a lot done today! We painted most of the trim work in the dining room, hung up drapes in the living room, sprayed the perimeter of the house with bug killer, and we managed to do 2 loads of laundry!
We have our housewarming party set for August 14th and I have to be honest, I'm a bit nervous about getting everything done in time for the party. The dining room painting is going a lot faster than painting the living room did, I think it's because we're more determined and motivated to get it all done! We hate painting! The mess, getting paint all over your hands and legs, random blue tape getting stuck to your clothes, almost dumping the whole gallon of paint on the floor, sweating, blisters....yeah we hate it! And just think after we get done with the dining room we have to paint the hallway and all the doors downstairs. It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have 8 doors to paint!!! How construction workers paint day in and day out I have no idea!
My toughest design decision so far is which fabrics to put where. Our dining room features a lovely window seat with a nice size bay window. It's one of several main selling features of our house. We are super excited about it! I think all the excitement of it and looking forward to using it is why I'm so stressed out about how to decorate it. I'm trying to be bold with my decorating by choosing patterns, not just my usual safe choices of solid colors or stripes. I love stripes! My love for stripes is a whole other topic that I won't bore you with. I'll just say, I think it started with this bright striped Bible cover I started using and then a matching journal/notebook that soon followed and then my obsession began. Anyway, I'm thinking about bringing my samples to my girls Bible study on Tuesday to see what they think. I really need at least a few people's opinion on this. I think the pressure comes when I think about having people over and then someone saying or thinking our window seat looks ugly because of all the clashing patterns or colors. I'm probably setting myself up for a bad dream tonight about this, lol. Speaking of dreams, we are living in our dream house! I never thought I'd be able to say that. The only thing that could make our house more enjoyable would be if we had a wrap around front porch and/or a 2 car garage. Those would be nice, but we don't have to have them in order to say we're living in our dream house. I often find myself thinking, "I live in a 5 bedroom house! That's crazy!" Then I have days when I think, "how are we going to keep this house clean? It's so big!"
That's enough blogging for now. Thanks for reading our blog! - MOT :)
No comments:
Post a Comment