Saturday, July 10, 2010

You know what bugs us? Flies in the house. The past couple of nights I've had to kill an average of 6 while watching TV. The most frustrating part is not knowing where they're coming in from. I've sprayed Raid at 3 locations we think they're coming in from. So far, none of them are the sources. I'm fed up with it, so it's off to Home Depot to get bug killer to spray around the foundation of the house.

Another thing bugging us is what sounds like a bird's nest in our chimney. There's two problems here: 1)We have an insert and know nothing about it and 2) the chimney is taller than the roof, so I can't get up there and look down the chimney.

Given the condition of the yard when we moved in and all these flies and birds, I'm beginning to think the previous owners did zero maintenance on the house for about 2 months prior to the sell.

Despite all this and all the painting we've been doing, we still love our house. I especially liked how I finally flew my R/C heli in the backyard Thursday night. It was nice and relaxing. We like how quiet it is at night here. Each night we fall asleep to the music of cicadas and crickets.

O speaking of painting, we got the dining room walls painted blue today. Good thing we did too. We've run through the two gallons of paint we bought for the walls. The green that was in the dining room was darker than we thought and it took two coats to cover it. Hopefully tomorrow we can get the trim painted and be able to start using the dining room.

-N.T.

No comments: