Well, the time finally came. We made the first of many mortgage payments. Nothing can prepare you for having to write that check.
We finally bought our queen mattress!!! After 3 days of laying on different mattresses. Can't wait to pick it up in a couple of days and finally sleep on a bed where I'm not hanging off the side b/c Melanie's hogging the center of the bed. Yay for upcoming good night sleeps.
The other good news is that we finally got the time to remove all the blue painter's tape in the dinning room. As Melanie says "It looks so much better once the tape is off." So as I cleaned up the tape and paint from the windows, she put the fancy dishes in the hutch. I don't understand it, but for some reason this made Melanie super excited. She said "The colors in the plates completes the room."
I'm still trying to figure out the fireplace. I tugged and pulled for 30 minutes trying to get the doors open in the living room tonight. This fireplace is quickly becoming a huge puzzle that I can't solve. Being an Engineer and not being able to solve something is extra frustrating. And literally just now, my wife goes and makes me feel like an idiot by opening the fireplace doors. Apparently one handle needed to be turned to the right. So now, I have the job of cleaning out the bird's nest and figuring out the flue.
The urge to go out and fly my R/C planes continues to eat at me. But I keep telling myself the time will come when all the work on the house is done and I'll be able to go play.
Until next time,
NT
No comments:
Post a Comment