This weekend was a longer weekend because we both had Monday off from work. Saturday we went to two Fourth of July cook-outs, one at lunch time and one at dinner time. It was great seeing our friends and family. It was also nice getting a small break from painting and housework. On Thursday and Friday before the weekend, Nick mowed our entire yard, all .73 acres! It took him about 8 hours between those 2 days. The reason it took so long is because we're guessing the grass hadn't been mowed in 3 weeks so it was extremely long, especially in the back yard. We got home at about 9:30 on Saturday night so we didn't get any painting done. On Sunday we painted for 12 hours! Nick painted most of the remaining trim work that needed to be done. I would say that we equally painted the entire living room. I did most of the paining in the beginning and he did most of the painting towards the end. Once all the trim work was done and we removed all the blue tape, the living room looked amazing! It looks and feels so much brighter and bigger than when we first moved in, prior to all the painting. We are super happy with the final result. On Monday my parents came over and helped us position the furniture and set up the room the way we wanted. We got our entertainment center situated and electronics plugged in, and all our movies put away. We have still not put anything on the walls, I'm hoping that will change this weekend after I have a chance to buy some white picture frames and print off some wedding pictures. We've been married for over 3 months now and I have not printed a single wedding picture or honeymoon picture, how sad is that??! We will have plenty of wedding pictures hanging up around our house once it's all said and done. For now we are enjoying our living room. We can relax on the couch, watch TV, play the Wii, spread out on the floor with a board game, and watch movies. Last night I thoroughly enjoyed being able to watch The Bachelorette while my hubby watched some airplane show in our guest bedroom. We usually like to watch shows together, even if it's the other person's favorite show, but sometimes it's just nice to watch a show by yourself.
I can't wait to have our house warming party! I'm hoping we can finish the dining room by the end of this month or by the middle of next month so we can invite all our friends and family over to see our house! Tomorrow I am going to start taping up the dining room so we can start painting. The living room took us 2 weeks, let's hope the dining room takes less time since it's a smaller room...we'll see! - M
No comments:
Post a Comment