"But if anyone obeys His Word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in Him: whoever clains to live in Him must walk as Jesus did." - 1 John 2:5 & 6
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
I never knew that
Tonight I realized something about myself that I constantly do & I hadn't realized how often I do it & how much it bothers me until tonight. Writing about this will give you a real intimate look at my life, but I'm not too worried about being so open about it because I don't think many people read my blog! Anyways enough rambling, time to get stress! So I realized tonight that I'm constantly telling people about relationship issues I'm having & then when they give me advice, I get mad at them for trying to tell me what to do in my relationship! And just so we're clear, when I say "relationship," I'm not just referring to Nick, I'm referring to any relationship I have where there's issues. I'm someone who can handle being told what to do, I can deal with someone who's older or wiser than me giving me orders, but I cannot stand being told what to do when it comes to my relationships! I will give you this, I do occasionally call up a close friend of mine & ask their advice, even on relationship stuff, however, if I don't ask for advice then I don't want it! I'm not venting about this so that those who read this blog can change their ways & not give me advice when I don't ask for it, no that's not my purpose at all in writing this. The problem rest with me. In the last few weeks I've realized that when you discuss things with people, no matter what it is, you lose some control. For example, let's say that I discuss my opinion about underage drinking with my mom & the next day she goes to work & tells 1 of her co-workers my opinion & how our opinions differ, well I brought that on myself. When I choose to share my opinion or my thoughts I lose some degree of control. So tonight I realized that when I discuss the issues I'm having in a relationship to someone & they tell me what to do, I shouldn't get mad because I brought it on myself. It's like when you were a kid & you complained to your mom about how mean the kids were to you on the bus, you were a fool to think that your mom wouldn't do or say anything about it! My mom would usually vent to my dad about it & then reassure me or advice me on how to handle the situation. I guess what I'm getting at is that from now on, I'm going to try really hard to watch what I say so that I don't repeatedly find myself getting frustration & anger over this! I hope all this has made sense. Hit me up with any thoughts you might have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment