N. here.
I'm long over due for an update/entry into this blog. But truth be told not much out of the ordinary has been happening to me. But here is a very quick update. The small 70 person company I was working for got acquired by a huge 70,000 person company so we spent 2 months at our old site, then spent 2 weeks packing equipment, then after the moved we spent another 2 weeks unpacking and setting up equipment. So I was busy and extra tired those weeks. The move has doubled my commute and causes my wife and I to no longer carpool on the days we work. We're adjusting to this change, and fortunately my manager will allow me to work from home a day a week, so that will help.
I've been spending a lot of time in our backyard tearing down an old shed. The previous owners had a nice 10x12 shed in the back yard, unfortunately it was not properly waterproofed and taken care of. So there were rotted holes in the roof and rotted/termite damaged wood around the floor. So it had to come down, and not to mention by taking it down I'm hoping to fly my Ultra Micros in the backyard. This task proved to be more daunting than expected. Long story short: the roof didn't want to come down with only one corner and 3 walls weakened/missing and it's slow going pulling all the shingles and plywood for the roof off b/c nails are rusted and parts of the wood is rotted. I found an old mud dobber's nest in the shed that has to be the biggest mud dobber's nest I've seen. It was literally 1.5 times the size of my fist. Since it's old wood and I'm a boy (as my wife says) I like to burn things. So I've burned some of the wood, a big sheet of plywood goes up in a huge ball of fire! And I learned tar paper burns really well (excellent fire starter source) but gives off a huge cloud of black smoke. So I have to not burn that so much.
Model aviation wise, not much has been happening. I discovered a broken motor mount screw the last time out. Got that replaced recently, but discovered the gasket between the muffler and engine was broken. So that is next to be replaced. I acquired a new battery pack and charger for my largest plane. This week I've been cycling the pack to get going. Almost there, but still got some ways to go. I'm itching to get this plane running and in the air again, but I need to do it right to prevent problems.
Well, that's it until the next time I'm bored or have something really interesting to blog about.
No comments:
Post a Comment