Today I took on the challenge of calculating how much we have saved this month and how much we've saved since January just by using coupons.
Here's what our figures are -
We spent $147.53
We saved $248.91
We took home 135 items and went to 1 movie
Average per item $1.03
Overall average of 59.3% savings!
I am not extremely thrilled with these results. My goal moving forward is to more picky about what sales I take advantage of and to stick with our monthly grocery budget. Our budget is $200 in groceries every month and in April we went over by a few dollars so my goal for this month is to not go over! Since we have a stockpile on things on hand, we will only have to buy meat and produce next month so just by not having to buy much groceries next month we will save money!
Since January we have saved a grand total of $889.14 and that does not include how much we've saved when using coupons to eat out. My guess is we've saved another $30 when using coupons when we've eaten out at restaurants. It's neat to look at the break down of each month. I will say that I have gotten better at savings with sales and coupons since January, in fact this month has been my highest savings yet!
How much have you saved this month?
No comments:
Post a Comment