We had a great Memorial Day weekend! On Monday we washed both of our vehicles and we even vacuumed and cleaned out the inside! It's amazing how much dirt and random things you can find if you only clean out your car once a year like us! After being productive, we decided to go on a date! We went to see Hang Over Part 2, it was not a good movie, thankfully we used 2 of our $3 off coupons from M&Ms so it was $9 for the 2 of us to see it. I'm not hard to please when it comes to movies, especially funny, stupid movies, but man it was not worth spending even $9 to see it. After the movie we walked around, spending most of our time at Home Goods! We walked to all the stores and with the 90 degree weather we were hot! I let N pick the restaurant for dinner and he picked TGI Fridays. We don't eat there often so I was a little hesitant, but it was the best decision of the day! They have a deal where you get a 3 course meal for $12.99! I did the 3 course meal and N got a chicken sandwich with fries. I had a $5 off coupon when you spend $15 so altogether our bill was $17 before tip. Not bad for a huge, delicious dinner! By far the best part was dessert, vanilla bean cheesecake! Yeah I wasn't going to let my dairy allergy stop me from delighting in that goodness! After eating 3,457 calories a piece at dinner, we drove across the street to Target and Lowe's! I managed to score some decent deals at Target. I got 6 bottles of deodorant for $3.07 (including tax) an average of 51 cents each. I also got a pack of 100 multivitamins for $3.
The moral of the story is - I don't take a break from saving, even on holidays. And save your money by not seeing Hangover Part 2.
In other news, I scored some great deals at Food Lion today! I got 6 stocks of corn, 2 cartons of ice cream, a bottle of All unscented laundry detergent, and a bag of Tostitos all for $6.35, including tax! Here's the breakdown: Corn on sale 6 for $1, Breyers Blast ice cream on sale for $1.99 each - $1.50 off 2 = $2.48 for 2, All laundry detergent on sale for $2.99 - $1 off coupon = $1.99, Tostitos on sale for $2.50 - $1 off manufacture coupon - $1 off Food Lion coupon = 50 cents!
Goal for June is to save money by only having to buy meat, fruit, breakfast foods, and perishable items. We'll see if I'm able to stay away from the temptation of using coupons for items we already have plenty of.
No comments:
Post a Comment