Already this week I have gotten free bandages, another 89 cent Fusion razor, and a free pack of Tylenol pain relieving heat patches, and 2 free bags of M&Ms. I was thrilled to see that Walgreens is running the same deal on the Fusion razors this week so I couldn't pass up another 89 cent razor! My hubby and my brother both use only Fusion ProGlide razors so I know they will be put to good use! I was also excited to get 6 more bags of M&Ms...we'll have to see if we have the same odds as before with wining $3 off movie ticket coupons. Here's how I scored my free stuff at Walgreens.
Fusion ProGlide razors $9.89 - $5 RR - $4 Manufacture coupon = 89 cents
M&Ms on sale for 3 for $2 - Manufacture coupon Buy 2, Get 1 free
Tylenol Precise Pain Relieving Heat Patch 3 pack $7.99 - $3 Store coupon in May booklet - $5 off Manufacture coupon, found here - www.precisepainrelief.com/coupon = FREE
Nexcare Bandages on sale for $2.99 - $1 off Manufacture coupon = $1.99 then mail in rebate up to $3.99 per box of bandages, limit 3 packs for complete rebate offer. So in 8-10 weeks it's FREE!
Total cost before coupons = $30.02
Total cost = $7
Total cost after 2 rebates for Nexcare bandages = 52 cents!
You might be wondering how my math can be right. The check I will receive from Nexcare will be in the amount of $5.98 (2 packs at $2.99 each) even though I got $1 off each pack at the register.
Here is a picture of my trip so you can see the savings -
At Kroger this week I found some more great deals! The best deal was 19 cents for yellow corn! I also got 48 cans of soda for $8.98, which averages out to be 18.7 cents per can! I also managed to scored some FREE Kool-Aid. The thing to keep in mind when it comes to shopping at Kroger is not to get carried away with all the end caps and "sale" items. Kroger has been doing their mega 10 participating items event. How it works is you buy 10 participating items and you get 50 cents off per item. So you could buy 2 packs of pasta, 3 cans of soup, and 5 boxes of cereal to add up to your 10 participating items. This week here's what I got for my 10 participating items - (2) boxes of Healthy Harvest Pasta 49 cents each, (2) boxes of Captain Crunch cereal $1.99 each, but 99 cents per box after my coupon, (2) bottles of Kraft BBQ Sauce 59 cents per bottle, (2) Silk Milk $1.99 each, but 99 cents per carton after my coupon, (1) can of Ragu pasta sauce $1.29, and Pepperidge Farm dessert cake $1.99, $1.44 after my 55 cents off coupon. So I got 10 items for $8.85, an average of 88 cents per item! I noticed that the Kraft BBQ Sauce bottles had peel-off coupons so I peeled 1 off to see what it was. To my pleasant surprise it was for buy 2 Kraft BBQ Sauce bottles and save $2 on a canister of Kool-Aid or Country Lemonade. I went to the aisle with Kool-Aid and it was on sale for $2 so I got it for free! The cans of soda were on sale for $5.49 per 24 pack when you buy 2 and then I used the $2 off manufacture coupon from Sunday's paper 2 weeks ago, so it was $8.98 for two 24 packs.
For me the key to couponing is buying items you use and only buying what you have space to store while at the same time not exceeding your monthly or weekly budget. Yes, I said budget. If you don't have a budget then it's very easy for you to get carried away and spend more than what you use to spend before you started using coupons.
Already this week I have managed to save $65.20 and it only took me 2 hours to go shopping at Kroger and Walgreens.
My tip for this month - Stay focused on buying items that are on sale and that you have coupons for. Get in and get out without picking up any items that are not great deals. Even if it's something you need or use a lot, you might be able to find it cheaper somewhere else.
Leave a comment below if you've learned something new by reading this post!

No comments:
Post a Comment